Sunday, April 5, 2009

Slimming down


Sew cute!, originally uploaded by Kodamakitty.

It's getting late and I am getting sleepy, but I wanted to post a quick note about how things are going. This morning it looks as though I've lost 10 pounds since I began taking the metformin. Yay, me! Tonight I had a bit of a heavier dinner out with my mom, but it felt good to see such a large difference between my starting weight and today.

I found this adorable tape measure at Target for $1, along with one shaped like a dinosaur and one shaped like an elephant. I guess kids must love the measure stuff, since it was in the party favors aisle.

I haven't measured myself yet, but my clothes seem a bit looser and Geoffrey commented on my slightly shrinking stomach. I like having these as a sort of talisman - it's a reminder that I only need to "measure up" to my standards, as long as I am healthy and able to do what I want to do.

I hope to post a couple of book reviews in the next couple of weeks - the end of the semester is fast approaching, and there's a lot to get done at work and here around the house. My system seems to have adjusted to the meds once again - tonight's dinner was prime rib from the Texas Roadhouse and that's a fairly fatty (and therefore DELICIOUS) cut of meat but so far, no major stomach rumblings.

Once side effect I do notice is that I am sleeping more soundly and that I fall asleep quickly, and that sounds very good right now. I hope you have a good week.

2 comments:

  1. Hey cousin Liz! Had to stop by and let you know I FINALLY have started posting on a daily basis. My photos are on my blog and on Flickr. I'm still too chicken to make Everyday Pono public, but maybe when I get better at all of this losing weight, I'll be more inclined to share:) For now, you are my only follower and I like it that way!

    Also, I'm glad to hear things are getting better! Ten pounds is alot to lose in the beginning! Hopefully everything is still going well. I love all these creative photos you are taking. WAY TO GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cousin! I love your blog postings too (that craft room looks amazing!!!). I really appreciate your comments, it inspires me to keep writing.

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete