Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bleeding Heart


Bleeding Heart, originally uploaded by Kodamakitty.

Bleeding me. Sorry to be graphic, but that's the update. Last night my period started, meaning that the Provera-Clomid-IUI procedure from two weeks ago did not take and I am not pregnant.

I had a good cry last night and poor Geoffrey was his reassuring best. I can't deny that I'm disappointed, even though the probability of having everything work out perfectly was relatively small (about 10 - 20%). And, to be fair, I have not had the majority of the terrible side effects many women have to suffer through to be able to conceive.

My initial thought was, "Oh God, I don't want to do this again," but after a good night's sleep, beignets and coffee this morning, and sitting down after a long absence from the blog, my guess is I'll be getting back in line and back on the roller coaster for another round trip. My guess is that my Ob/Gyn will up the Clomid dosage. My commitment is to actually get on the treadmill at least 5 days a week in order to start dropping more weight (I've been holding steady at 10 pounds lost since this journey began - time to push off the plateau).

Anyway, that's the update. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I will try to update more often and to keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment