Monday, August 31, 2009

Think Happy Thoughts


IMG_5457, originally uploaded by Kodamakitty.

Today was a long day. Not for any specific reason, other than that work is piling up and classes are imminent and I don't have nearly as much done from the summer as would like, and the house is a mess, and I have a sore throat from a post-nasal drip most likely exacerbated by my freezing cold office and and and... So, the usual.

But today felt more wearying than usual. So, Geoffrey and I have agreed to blame it on the Clomid. I finished my fourth round last night and now it's a matter of waiting until Thursday to see how things go. Originally, my ob/gyn only wanted to do three rounds, given that Clomid can start to affect the quality of the uterine lining. However, based on the various tests and procedures, it looks as though my main issue is ovulation.

When I do ovulate, it seems to be a complete cycle most of the time, and my period begins on schedule, but whether or not I am releasing a viable egg and whether or not the sperm are getting to it seems to be another story. I'm not sure it's entirely logical to think that I would be more at peace with my current chaos if I were pregnant right now, so I'm going to blame the Clomid.

To counteract the sort of blue and down feelings, I'm posting this with a bright yellow flower - this was one of the bouquets from the Farmer's Market at WSU and they lasted a really long time, which was great.

And, in no particular order, here is an impromptu list of 10 happy things:

1) I love Geoffrey and he loves me
2) He's really been a trooper though all of this
3) We're living beyond our means, but it's temporary and we will sort all of this stuff soon
4) Bailey and Zookie (the dogs) love us, no matter what
5) We will soon have a new addition to the family, when Alex and Kara have their baby on September 22
6) I was able to take a walk outside, without discomfort or difficulty
7) Olga's is pretty good comfort food
8) This cooler weather is excellent sleeping weather
9) We live in interesting times
10) It could all be much, much worse

Be well, everyone! What's on your spontaneous list?

No comments:

Post a Comment